Tuesday 26 June 2012

75 Day Sketch Challenge: Days 4 and 5

For Day 4, I searched the internet and found an interesting status of an angel. As always, the big challenge is always the start ... figuring out where to start and how to start without using a pencil. As expected, I had difficulty with the drapery, a subject I have yet to conquer.



For Day 5, I went back to my old drawing books and I found a pencil drawing of a ginger. I was running out of time and found nothing else to draw so I just drew the ginger from the pencil drawing. It was easier to make the rough texture of the ginger using a pen than a pencil.

2 comments:

  1. These are great, you've inspired me to sign up to do this as well. I even started a new blog just for sketching. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Florence! I have never done anything like this challenge. I usually just enrol in a class, do some art work then stop once the class is finished. A challenge like this keeps me on my feet everyday practicing sketching. I should have done this before. Goodluck to you!

    ReplyDelete