Tuesday 31 July 2012

75 Day Sketch Challenge: Days 29, 30 and 31

The local arts society I belong to have plein air sessions every summer. Unfortunately, the organizers schedule the sessions on Tuesdays. Not good for members who have 'other' jobs.

I was able to take a leave for 4 hours one Tuesday, enough to join the group on a winery/vineyard for some plein air drawing.

I sat in between the rows of vines that provided enough shade for me. It was about noon time when we started so it was really hot outside. There were a lot of details to draw but of course I did not draw every details. I just drew enough to capture the scene.


I also liked the six barrels neatly placed near the entrance of the winery. My hands were shaking a little when I started this. Remember, one of the rules of the 75 day challenge is not to use pencils so drawing these barrels were really challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment