Wednesday 15 August 2012

75 Day Sketch Challenge: Days 35, 36 and 37


Found one of my son's dinosaur toy and decided it's good enough for the day's sketch. I wanted to give a hint of the tough skin but didn't want to overdo it. Maybe I will draw a close-up of a dinosaur body part/skin next time.


Everyday, I spend at least 10 minutes finding a subject to draw. When it's already dark, my choices become limited to what's in the bedroom. My pants resting on a stool caught my attention. Sketching drapery for a change and it can be very challenging.



Sitting on the kitchen table, talking to the wife while she washes the dishes. I took the opportunity to draw some grapes silently praying that the kids wouldn't notice it. I believe I was able to create a 3D effect by working on shadows and depths.

No comments:

Post a Comment