Thursday 2 June 2011

Last Drawing Session


Yesterday was the sixth and last session of the beginner's drawing class I attended. The classes were 1 and a half hour but I leave early due to a schedule conflict with my wife's guitar class. Fortunately, both classes are on the same building.

Anyway, we had a vase, two bokchoy (pechay) and an eggplant. We spent the first few minutes deciding on how to do the arrangement. Of course, each one has his own preference.

I was using a lead pencil but decided to bring out my charcoal pencil to create a background and highlight some shadows.



Hopefully, I will have more time after work to complete this drawing or at least spend some time drawing.

So what's next? There aren't any other drawing class offered as a continuation. Fortunately, the art society where I am a member of is having Plein Air painting every Tuesday (mid-day) starting next week. Since, I have a full-time job, I will have to make special arrangements to make myself available for these sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment